Comments Always Welcome

September 14, 2009

Nobody puts Baby in the corner! - Johnny Castle

This is my little tribute to Patrick Swayze





I was sad to hear Patrick Swayze passed away. I always liked him and LOVED Dirty Dancing. (My best friend in Twin Falls used to make us watch it every time she spent the night...which was quite frequently)







*Patrick Swayze as Johnny Castle in Dirty Dancing.




He had a long struggle with cancer and at least he is no longer in pain. If you saw the most recent pictures of him you would see how EXTREMELY fragile he became, but by his side was his loving wife of 34 years, Lisa. That is like an eternity in Hollywood!

I can't imagine what she is going through right now. They were never able to have children and I just imagine her alone and completely devastated. If you ever saw them together you could see how deeply they loved each. (see them dance togther here, it's beautiful)



When I hear about couples who care for each other as much as they did, people who truly belong together, all I can think is, "I want them to join the church. I just want them to be together forever."

It gives me peace knowing that everyone will have the opportunity for an eternal family. That's the beauty of knowing that truth, death doesn't have to be devastating, as sad as it can be I find it peaceful knowing it's not an end. It is just a necessary part of the Plan.

3 comments:

bar-b-ann said...

Nice thoughts!

Claire said...

Well put! Crazy how many celebrities have died this year.

Justin and Kristin said...

Ohhh, I c, comment at the top of the post......

Me too! (Have the same thought, when I see certain couples/families.)