Comments Always Welcome

November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

One of the places we went on Halloween was Harrison Blvd in Boise. If you haven't been there for Halloween you should check it out. The whole street gets into the spirit and it's quite fun just to walk up and down and look at all the costumes. I think the news said there was 2,000 people there. This house had hand craved all these jack-o-lanterns on their steps.

One house decided to pay homage to Michael Jackson's Thriller. They continually played the whole Thriller video on a big projection screen on their front yard. The best part was when the zombies come on screen; they had about 20 zombie dancers come out on a stage and do the Thriller dance with the video. It was way cool! I tried to get a video, but it was too dark and didn't come out. I did get a few pictures.


As for our costumes, they were a smash! Everyone loved them. We went to a few different parties and got many compliments. One lady even stopped us walking down the street and asked to take our picture. She thought we were hilarious. Unfortunately my camera batteries died before I got a good picture, so you'll have to settle for what were able to get with the camera phone. What you can't see is that my sweatshirt said "Flu."


It was so much fun dressing up, Paul and I already started thinking of ideas for next year!

6 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

you guys look great:)
Everytime I drive on Harrison I dream of living in one of those homes. I didn't realize it was so sweet during Halloween!

Ess said...

Your costumes were awesome. That street looks like fun.

jeff and alli said...

I was wondering how you were going to be 'swine flu' - very creative. :)

And I love that area and it does provide great trick-or-treating

Paul said...

Tash,

Great costume idea. I admit I was reluctant to dress up, but it was all worth it in the end. Let's get all crazy next year! Kermit and Ms. Piggy? Peanut Butter and Jelly? Mr. and Mrs. Frankenstein? Romeo and Juliet?

Ex-nay on that last one. I wore blue tights once in 8th grade honors English. We had to act a scene from Shakespeare's As You Like it. To make the scene more "manly" my friends and I decided to throw in some sword fighting and wrestling. Thankfully there is no photo evidence. We got an A on that one though...

Cheers,
Paul

The Todd's Life said...

I was responsible for the decorating at our Ward Party. (The Primary actually was. For whatever reasons, it meant us.)
I decided to splurge this year and buy me costume. I bought an Enchantress dress. It had wispy, see thru sleeves that would have shown more than I wanted. I wore a long sleeve shirt under it. It looked great.
We had planned on about 85 people coming to the party. We ended up with about 140 people there. Almost everyone dressed up. We did trunk-or-treating in the parking lot. It was fun decorating the trunk for that. I've never participated in that before.
Aunt Diane

Paul said...

Oh oh how about I dress up as a 52 inch Samsung LCD tv and you can be the DirecTV remote? Or how about a tennis racquet and ball?

Yes, quite nice ideas indeed...